Black Wall Paint

Remember that crazy thing I mentioned? Ok, so here's what I did. We have a pretty small house, comparatively speaking. It's no McMansion. Therefore, the view just to the right of our front door leads right up the stairs. And let's just say...it was fairly uninspired. Here's the before:



And as you climb the stairs, it didn't get any better.



So, I decided to go bold or go home, and I painted the landing at the top of our stairs black. Yep, my husband thought I was crazy. Here's the view now:



As you can see, it coordinates with what I have going in with the hall bathroom.



And here's the before and after shot:



Ok, so...I think it's an improvement because it's not as blah. But I'm not sure I'm completely sold.  It's definitely a departure from my normal blues and greens, which is why I think I'm a little nervous about it.  I have some other art that I may try instead.  What do you guys think? The picture at the top of the stairs, by the way, is a print I found on Zazzle. I thought the wood frame warmed up the black and white. I also painted the light switch and the switch cover the same way I did before.  Now, I would really like to remove the carpeting and replace it with a runner, and the boob light has to go.

Would love to hear your thoughts! Leave me a comment!

You May Also Like:


Simple Swaps for Builder-Grade Finishes

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations