IKEA Hack: Leksvik Cabinet

black IKEA cabinet


Hey there, party people! How are you? I love a good IKEA hack, don't you? I've got to show you our Leksvik cabinet. We've had this thing forever. I have this to say about IKEA furniture: It lasts. A long time ago I painted our cabinet cream. It served many purposes...as a dining room hutch, as a place to store our printer when our home office was in the dining room, as a food pantry when our kitchen was being remodeled, and most recently, as a useless piece of furniture in our family room. Here it is, sad and pointless:

ikea leksvik cabinet


But then we decided to get a TV for that room because we hated not being able to enjoy the fireplace and watch TV at the same time. So we took the doors off the top of our old IKEA Leksvik cabinet, and put the TV in it. Unfortunately, the TV stood out like a sore thumb and it looked like we took the doors off an old IKEA cabinet. And if there's anything you don't want, it's for people to know your secrets. So, I painted it black and wow! It totally hides the TV. See?

ikea leksvik before and after


I love how it turned out! It looks so much more expensive now, don't you think? Painting the hardware gold helped with that, too.

gold cabinet hardware





If you have a piece of IKEA furniture you'd like to update, I highly suggest painting it black. And if you're scratching your head about how to hide your TV, check out my article over on About.com.

Here are more of my furniture facelifts:

campaign style tray table
Campaign-Style Tray Table

utility cart makeover
Bar Cart Makeover

industrial desk chair
Industrial Chair Makeover

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Valentine Wreath Ideas

Craft of the Week: DIY Mercury Glass