Fall Leaf Pictures

As I've mentioned several times before, our family loves to take hikes, and our favorite time of year to go is in the fall. The air is fresher in the woods this time of year, there aren't as many bugs, you don't sweat to death, and of course, the leaves are at their best. These pictures I made for our fireplace remind me of our adventures. I made these for $6, thanks to some cheap-o frames from Wal-Mart.

Fall Leaf Pictures

Tools & Materials
  • Picture frame
  • Fall leaves
  • Burlap
  • Scissors
  • Old book (optional)
  • Double-sided tape

Steps
  1. Gather a few fall leaves, then press them between 2 sheets of paper towel in a heavy book. Leave overnight, or even for a few days.
  2. Cut some burlap to fit the inside of your frame.
  3. Mount the leaf on the burlap using some double-sided tape.
  4. If desired, you could also use the burlap as a pseudo picture pat, and mount the leaf on a page from an old book, as I did. I used an old copy of Thoreau's Walden...seemed appropriate.

I'll be sharing my fall mantel later this week! Hope you're enjoying the season so far!

The Lettered Cottage


DIY Show Off Fall Festival Party

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations