Augusta Egg Salad for Eric

In our house, Easter is only one of the major holidays taking place this weekend. The Masters golf tournament is on, and this--not the resurrection of Christ our Lord--is the event that heralds spring around here. Oh, I jest. But seriously, it IS a big deal for my husband, and I have to admit, I enjoy watching it, too--especially on Sunday. The scenery of that course alone is worth it, like this one from the famous Amen Corner.



One day Eric's gonna get to go down there to watch a round, but in the meantime, I'm going to keep making egg salad sandwiches, which are apparently quite famous as the go-to snack at Augusta National. Awhile back, I looked up the recipe and I've been making it like this ever since.

Augusta Egg Salad
6 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. sweet relish
1/2 stalk celery, finely chopped
1 tsp. mustard
onion salt to taste

Mix well and season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar


So who's going to get the green jacket? I'm rooting for Phil...but my money's on Tiger. Is The Masters a big deal in your house, too?

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations