Valentine Vignette and a Printable



Who doesn't love that movie?

I've recently become a fan of the idea of creating my own printable art. As you know, I'm hugely in favor of cheap wall art, whether it's using plates, framed ephemera, or DIY framed art. It just helps create a personal space, in my opinion, and goes a long way in creating an eclectic, collected look instead of something too conventional. I'm planning a post on this for the near future, in fact. Graphic art, and word art in particular, is so popular and pretty for its simplicity and personality, that I thought I'd try making my own. Many, many thanks to Centsational Girl for getting me started! She offers this great tutorial on her fabulous blog, and now I'm hooked. I'd love to teach myself how to upload my printables to my blog so you can print them, too. But that's a project for another day. For now, here's a pic of my first attempt, framed and in our entryway with a bowl of Valentine M&Ms and some fun blocks from the Target dollar bins.

>

And a banner to match, made with the kiddos! Our oldest is pretty good at cutting, so I drew hearts, she helped me cut them out (check out the tiny ones...those are hers) and then I gave her a huge, blunt needle to help me "sew" them together.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations