Chair Re-Do



Well, you can't get the whole effect here because I forgot to take a "before" picture, but suffice to say, it looks a lot different, and in my humble opinion, better. It used to be stained dark brown with an orange velvet cushion, which incidentally, also had bird poop on it. So after sanding the heck out of it to get the old flaky varnish off, I applied two coats of latex primer with a brush. Then I sprayed it with high-gloss spray paint in raspberry. This is actually for my friend, Louisa. She picked this up at a tag sale for $5 I think and wants to use it in her daughter's room, which is decked out in a Liberty of London print. I found this striped fabric at Hobby Lobby and it matches perfectly. Score! (I hope she likes it!) Lest you think I'm a really nice friend, she has agreed to sew pillows for me in exchange because I'm hopeless with a sewing machine. So we're really just bartering skill sets, you see. Onto my next project!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations