Retail Therapy Thursday: Shopping in Grand Haven, MI

One of my fave things to do on vacation is explore all the new-to-me shops and art galleries in the town we're staying in. Our family enjoyed a great week in Grand Haven, MI, recently, and although the beaches were absolutely gorgeous, we did take a break from the sand and sun one day to explore the town and mozey around an art festival. I was not disappointed! Grand Haven offered a great downtown with lots of coffee shops, places to have lunch and of course, do some window shopping!



Panache Home was the cream of the crop, in my opinion. Pricey, yes. But they still had a sale table, upon which was a set of three sisal-wrapped vases that I picked up for less thyn $30 total. Not bad.







I always like to pick up something for the house that reminds me of places we've been. I put these vases alongside some driftwood I scavanged from the beach, and a couple of star fish and a blue-green balast bottle I got at an antique store in Avalon, NJ, a few years back. (The color I painted the family room is just not sitting well with me and I think the mantel needs to be white after all, but the display looks good, I think).



Anyway, here are some pics of things that made me swoon.







Love this ottoman...blue and white is so classy, I think. Reminds me of the house in the movie Something's Gotta Give.







How great is this table? And the wall treatment behind? And the pop of orange?! Love...









Oh, these plates. I'm such a sucker for plates. And birds. So the two together...sigh. And the quotation art, I was told, was typed with an antique typewriter then tranfered to some sort of luxiourious material to be framed. So simple and elegant.









Now, call me crazy, but aren't there chunky, square tables like this at IKEA and other such places? Add some nailhead trim to one, and you've got a really classy endtable, no?



Finally, I wanted to give a shout-out to Lisa from The Empty Nest. She had a booth of "handmade lovelies" at Grand Haven's art festival and I was so taken with her designs and impressed by the selection.









I bought a resin ring similar to this one, but in my favorite color of the moment, jadeite. She must work her tail off to have that much inventory to choose from.







I especially loved her use of paint cans to display her map magnets. Very clever! Lisa is on Etsy, but if you're ever in Grand Haven, stop by Panache!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations