Valentine Chalkboard Art

valentine chalkboard art


Hi guys! Do you still have a Christmas wreath on your front door? Well, I've got a 10-minute solution to THAT particular problem! It's almost Valentine's Day, so yesterday I whipped up this cute chalkboard art for our door. It was so easy, guys, and it literally only took about 10 minutes.

First, I found this great magnetic chalkboard at Jo-Anns for 50% off, so it was only $4.50. It had an unfinished wood frame so I brushed a little stain I had left over from another project on it to make it look more rustic.

valentine door decor


While that was drying, I went in search of more craft supplies. I had a package of paper doilies, so that inspired me. I just cut out a red heart and glued it to the doily.

After the frame of the chalkboard was dry, I flipped it over and stapled some rope to the back for a hanger.

rope picture hanger


Next I wiped the whole chalkboard with an eraser to "season" it (here are some more tips on how to create chalkboard art), then wrote "Welcome" on it in Janda Stylish Script. (Again, to see how I did this--'cuz my freehand is pretty good but it ain't THAT good--check out my chalkboard tips). I thought about writing something Valentines-y on it like "Love Lives Here" or "Happy Valentine's Day," but I don't really like words on the front door unless it's just to say "Welcome." I don't know why. It's just not my thang.

Finally, I attached the doily/heart combo with tiny dots of poster putty because I want to be able to use the chalkboard for other holidays. And there you have it. I love that it cost me $4.50 because I was able to scrounge around for stuff I already had to pull it off. And it took me no time at all!

$5 Valentine chalkboard art for your front door


So fun. Happy Valentine's Day!

Here are some other ways to celebrate Valentine's Day.

cherry hand pies
Sweetie Pies

blue and red valentine crafts
Blue and Red Valentine's Day Decor

vintage valentine crafts
Vintage Valentine Crafts

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations