Thrift Store Finds

painted bowl


Hi there, friends! Welcome to another edition of Tightwad Tuesday here on Home Made Modern! I absolutely love decorating with Goodwill finds. I hit the jackpot the last time I went thrifting in terms of finding good glassware and dishes to make over. You may recall, I put some glam touches on a wine decanter, and I also found this silver bowl. It had a great shape, but it was really scratched up and even had some small dents.

silver bowl from Goodwill


Nothing a little spray paint can't fix, right? At first, I thought I'd just spray it silver or gold, but then I was inspired by this Nate Berkus laurel leaf bowl from Target. It's no longer available, but I had really liked it when I saw it. I would never spend $30, though, on something like a bowl, so I watched for it to go on clearance, but missed the boat. Never fear!

nate berkus laurel leaf bowl


I sprayed my Goodwill find white instead and used a stencil I already had to create a tiny laurel leaf pattern around the outside of the bowl.  I also painted the rim with gold paint.

nate berkus knockoff


Right now it's filled with green apples, but I can think of so many uses for it around the house. And it would look great around the holidays, too.

bowl with green apples

painted bowl with green apples

laurel leaf bowl


What have you found at Goodwill recently?





Here are some other ways I've decorated our house with the help of Goodwill:

diy wine decanter
Wine Decanter with Wooden Stopper

wood slice chalkboard
Wood Slice Chalkboard

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations