Mini Hot Chocolate Station

hot chocolate station


Hi there! It seems hot chocolate stations are all the rage this year for the holidays, so I jumped on the bandwagon and created a mini version on a tray for our kitchen. We do, indeed, have a lot of hot chocolate this time of year, and I like my own (it tastes so much better than the packet variety!) so having all of the essentials close by does make it easier.

hot cocoa tray

mini hot chocolate bar


I lined a wooden tray with some burlap, put some snowman mugs I bought at the dollar store on it, and added a ceramic Christmas tree dish (also from the dollar store) to hold some candy canes. Then,  I added some vinyl chalkboard labels to some mason jars I had, and since my wide-mouthed jars didn't have lids, I glued tin foil to some cute fabric, cut out two circles slightly larger than the mouth of the jars, and molded them to the jars' openings to use as makeshift lids.

homemade cocoa mix


Here's the cocoa mix I made (it's based on my recipe for Hot Chocolate for One):

2 c. unsweetened cocoa
1 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt

To make a cup of hot cocoa, just dissolve 2-3 tablespoons of the mix in 2 tablespoons of milk over low-heat, stirring constantly. Then add a scant cup of milk and 1/8 tsp. vanilla to the chocolate mixture, stirring until the chocolate has dissolved. Enjoy!

For more tips on how to create a hot chocolate station and a cute selection of accessories, check out my article on About.com!

hot chocolate bar accessories
Hot Chocolate Bar Accessories


Here are some other posts related to Christmas treats:


Peppermint Hot Chocolate


Cookies for Santa Plates


Candy Cane Cookies

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations