Chalkboard Advent Calendar

hometalk-home-for-christmas


Hi guys! Welcome to Home Made Modern! I'm so excited to be participating in the Home for Christmas blog hop hosted by Hometalk.com and CountryLiving.com! Today, I'm sharing my simple chalkboard advent calendar with you. A lot of you probably have a chalkboard and/or a chalkboard wall in your homes...they've been trending for quite awhile now. If so, you can create this simple look in your home in just minutes!

chalkboard advent calendar


We converted our pantry door into a chalkboard, and it gets a lot of use! I love the look of boxwood on the dusty, black background of a chalkboard, so as I was decorating for Christmas, I decided to hang our little boxwood wreath from West Elm in the kitchen. Then, I simply used a ruler and some sharpened chalk to draw a calendar underneath.

chalkboard advent calendar


I had this tiny green Christmas tree leftover from something, so since our chalkboard isn't magnetic, I just stuck some poster putty on the back of it to use as a marker.

advent marker


Voila! The kids love moving the tree each morning at breakfast.

christmas countdown calendar


For some tips on how to letter a chalkboard like a pro, check out my article on About.com.

I hope you liked this simple way to count down the days until Christmas. Please visit some of the other Home for Christmas blog hop participants...this is a crazy-creative bunch of people! You can also follow along at #homeforchristmas.


Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations