Inexpensive Family Room Updates

budget decorating


Hi there! You know that kind of sick you get once every few years that just knocks. You. Out. The kind when you want your mommy? I've been miserable the past few days. I just wanna crawl in bed and watch endless episodes of Gilmore Girls on Netflix and have someone bring me chicken noodle soup and tea. I'm only up right now because I have this inexplicable desire and drive to make Home Made Modern the best that it can be, and I figured it wouldn't take too much energy to type. Anyway, I wanted to show you my 97-cent fall banner from Wal-Mart, my new chevron curtains from Tuesday Morning, and my floral Target pillows. But first, here's what the room looked like before:



I've never been happy with the wall color, and I used to really like the fabric on the curtains and pillows, but it was time for a change. Here's where we're at now:

brown and blue family room

tuesday morning chevron curtains

eclectic family room

brown and turquoise

target pillows


I love the more saturated color palette. It looks a bit more sophisticated, I think, and not as "cute." I'm trying to move away from cute. But sometimes cute calls to me and drags me back in. Eventually, I'd like to paint the walls gray, get rid of the crazy-big brown couch and tile the fireplace, but for now, I'm "making do."

And here's our fall mantel, which I'm loving right now. I love turquoise and orange together, don't you? I picked up these paper leaves from Wal-Mart for 97 cents, and my daughter made the banner with them. She was so proud! Cute, right? (Oops. See what I mean?)

turquoise and orange fall mantel

paper leaf banner

turquoise and orange fireplace


Stay healthy and enjoy the beautiful fall weather we've been having! Here's hoping I can get out and enjoy it soon, too.

You Might Also Like These Posts:


Turquoise and Orange Fall Home Tour


Fall Decorating for Blue Rooms


DIY Yarn Art

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations