Lavender Vanilla Cream Scones

lavender vanilla cream scones


This was an experiment that yielded very happy results. I have been wanting to try baking something using culinary lavender for a long time so one afternoon last week when the girls and I felt like scones, I started looking up recipes. I found one scone recipe that called for lavender but it also required lemon zest and we were fresh out of citrus. So I just decided to modify my recipe for Cranberry Orange Scones and the results were delicious!

Lavender Vanilla Cream Biscuits
Preheat oven to 450 and line a sheet with parchment.
Stir together:
2 c. flour
2 T. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 healthy tsp. of culinary lavender buds
½ tsp. kosher salt.

Cut in ½ c. cold unsalted butter.
Add 1 tsp. vanilla and 1 c. heavy cream. Stir just until dough forms.
On floured surface, knead until uniform and pat out until 1 ½ inches thick. Cut with biscuit cutter and place upside down on sheet. Brush with cream.
Bake 12 to 14 minutes.

These are sweet and slightly floral tasting, and very rich because of the cream...try them and let me know what you think! We loved 'em. Definitely going in the recipe file.

More of My Scone Recipes:

s'more scones
S'More Scones

cinnamon scones
Cinnamon Chip Scones

peach scones
Peaches and Cream Scones

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations