Organized Office Shelves

organized desk shelves


Hey there! Way back when, I showed you how we turned a closet into a home office. Little did I know how much time I would be spending in there in the days to come. Life happened, and as it turns out, I'm now a librarian-turned-freelancer-slash-business-owner. The freelancing part is my dream job. LOVE it. The business owner thing goes against everything in my personality (I'm more of the type who enjoys a steady paycheck); but, running this thing alongside my husband has its definite plus-side, and most days, underneath the weariness, we understand that we're on some sort of adventure that we wouldn't change for anything. Anyway, since I now spend lots of hours in my office, I was finding that it had some shortcomings. I still have quite a few things to tweak to make it function just perfectly, but here are a couple of things I've done recently to make it work harder and look better:

I spray painted some cardboard file boxes navy blue and added some metal tags for back issues of magazines I want to keep. I love that they now look so much richer.

spray painted file boxes


I added some ikat storage boxes from Tuesday Morning to hold my daughters' school papers and art projects. The @ sign was a TJ Maxx find and is a symbol of my current gig as a blogger here on Home Made Modern and a writer for About.com

ikat storage


Here are some other storage boxes that I did use for office supplies, until I started using my toolbox desk caddy. Turns out the toolbox is way handier. So I pressed these guys into service to store power cords and software installation disks. Oh, and the clock you see in the background here is a cheapy from Wal-Mart; I think I paid $6 for it. I took it apart and lined the clock face with orange paper.

storage boxes

Finally, my favorite thing: I framed a cover from The New Yorker, which features a line drawing of a library reading room circa 1980. It's a nod to my former profession and I love it!

framed magazine cover




One of these days I'll finish this space and show you the whole thing. Thanks for visiting! Until next time...

You May Like:


Denim Pocket Organizers


Toolbox Desk Caddy


Desk Accessory Knockoffs

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations