Bottle Lamp (How To)

diy gourd lamp base


Hi guys! I'm jumping right in today to show you my latest makeover because I'm really anxious to see what you think of it. I made a bottle lamp, but not the kind you might be imagining. I actually used an empty POM Wonderful juice bottle to make a stick lamp into a gourd lamp. I've been eyeing these gourd lamps on Lamps Plus for awhile, and although they're pretty affordable as far as trendy lamps go, I never pulled the trigger.



So, here's my knockoff:

make a gourd lamp from a juice bottle


And here's a little backstory: My friend, Cara, gave these lamps to me because she'd outgrown them. They were high-quality--from Restoration Hardware--lamps, so I took 'em. I had wanted a matching pair for this console table for awhile, so there they sat. Here's what they looked like originally.



I wanted to modernize them, so first I just painted the shades a deep teal with fabric paint. That helped, but as you can see from the picture below, the candlestick lamp base just faded into the background. Its shape didn't make the statement I wanted, so I changed it!

lamp base makeover


My About.com site has the full tutorial for how to transform a candlestick lamp into a gourd lamp using a bottle. I hope you'll check it out!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations