DIY Napkin Rings

diy napkin rings


Hey there, party people! How are ya? Today I want to show off my latest project: how to make napkin rings out of shrinky dink plastic! I used to love Shrinky Dinks when I was little, so when I saw blank sheets of this stuff at Jo-Ann's the other day, I got really excited. Like, I'm-kinda-a-freak-excited. Now, the stuff they had in the store was not ink-jet friendly, and I knew I wanted to print out images, so I went online and found exactly what I needed. (Check out "Stuff You Need" below for the link!)

The full instructions and some helpful tips are detailed over on my About.com article but basically, I downloaded the butterfly clip art from The Graphics Fairy, and the ikat paper from Etsy, printed it onto my inkjet-friendly shrink plastic, cut out the shapes, and baked them! Here are some pretty pictures of how they turned out. (I made two different kinds: butterfly napkin rings and cuff napkin rings.)

butterfly napkin rings

diy butterfly napkin ring
pretty spring table with diy napkin rings

diy ikat napkin ring

green ikat napkin ring

table setting with ikat napkin rings
Make sure to get all the details here because there were some things I learned the hard way.

how to make shrinky dink napkin rings
How to Make Napkin Rings from Shrink Plastic


And everything you need to make them (other than an oven) can be found below:



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations