Cafe Curtains from Kitchen Towels

diy cafe curtains pinterest


We've lived in our house for over four years, and I just hung kitchen curtains. Our kitchen renovation has taken a long time, you see, and we're still not done...but I'm at least to the point where I can do some of the fun things. For me, fun means finding a way to make kitchen curtains for $10 or less.

I found a tension rod and some kitchen towels at Target for $3.59 and $2.99 each, respectively. Hmmmm...a set of cafe curtain rings was $4.99 and I needed two sets, so I decided to pass on those, and just hem the towels with a small pocket for the rod. I found it easier to just sew the hem, but if you don't have a sewing machine or avoid sewing at all costs, you could use fusible hemming tape. After positioning the rod where I wanted it, I draped the towels over the rod and pinned them where I needed to sew the pocket. Then I took them off the rod, sewed them, and cut off the excess material below the seam.

I love the stripes at the bottom of these towels...they look like they were always meant to be curtains! And I also like how they match my kitchen rug, but not perfectly.

cafe curtains from kitchen towels


mason jar soap dispenser kit


Another thing I did that made a big difference on our sink was dispense my lotion and hand soap into mason jars using a little kit. So simple and expensive! It just tidied up that area and made it look so much cleaner. Well, we're a few steps closer to having a pretty kitchen!



Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations