Recipe of the Week: Super Simple Apricot Jam

Historically, we've been partial to strawberry jam in this house, mostly because of our yearly forays to the strawberry patch that have practically forced me to make freezer jam. I'm not complaining. That taste reminds me SO much of breakfasts before dawn with my grandmother who ate--and still eats--nothing but toast in the mornings. But the other day, I saw a great deal on apricots so I snatched up a couple of pounds and made this.

Super Simple Apricot Jam

Bring 1 ½ lbs. apricots, 1 ½ c. sugar, 1 T. lemon juice and a pinch of salt to a boil. Simmer 25 mins.

I kid you not, folks. That's all she wrote. The hardest part is peeling the apricots, but that's really more time-consuming than hard. This made 2 small jars-worth and keeps nicely in the fridge. But I must admit, it hasn't lasted too long. Our oldest likes it straight-up on toast, but I like it on top of cream cheese on toast. Yummmmm...

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations