Recipe of the Week: Carnitas Tacos

Ok, I'm not gonna lie to ya...that picture isn't mine (as if you couldn't tell...it's WAY too professional). It's from Taste of Home magazine, which is (more truth-telling) where this recipe came from. So does it make me, like, the worst blogger ever to not post an original recipe, and not only that, but totally lift the photo, too? Well, maybe. But Wednesdays are busy because of dance classes for our kindergartener right after school, so I barely get dinner on the table, let alone make up something original and take the time to stage a photo. Anyhoo, the crock pot is my savior on Wednesdays, and this recipe was such a total winner I just had to pass it along.

The recipe I linked to above actually calls for a 3-4 pound roast, though. We'd be eating carnitas tacos for a week with a roast that size. I also made a couple of tweaks...

Carnitas Tacos

1 to 1 1/2 lb. roast
1/2 package of taco seasoning (I used Ortega's low-sodium variety)
10 oz. can of diced tomatoes with green chiles

Combine ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours, give or take.
Remove meat and shred it, then return to crock to heat through with juices.
Serve on whole-wheat tortillas with black beans, shredded cheddar, and sour cream.

For the kiddos, I served the meat on the side, and I put the beans and cheese in the tortilla quesadilla-style. Just makes it easier for them to handle. They loved it!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations