Recipe of the Week: Tasty Two-Cheese Tostadas

Stop the presses, I've discovered another recipe our whole family loves! And this is the really amazing thing: it's vegetarian! I'm not kidding when I tell you that I could eat these for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and not get sick of them... they're that good. I could continue extolling their virtues, but I think I'll just give you the recipe and let you decide for yourselves.

Tasty Two-Cheese Tostadas

Corn tortillas
1 can of refried beans (vegetarian or regular)
1 small to medium-sized zucchini, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
12 oz. small Portabella mushrooms, halved
Sliced or shredded pepper jack cheese
Shredded cheddar
Taco sauce
Cilantro
Sour cream

Preheat the oven to 400°

Toss the zucchini, red pepper, onion, and mushrooms in 1 to 2 T. olive oil on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt.

Roast the vegetables for about 15 minutes or until soft, stirring once.

Meanwhile, spread as many corn tortillas as you want with about a tablespoon of refried beans each.

Top the refried beans with a slice of pepper jack cheese, the roasted veggies, and then some shredded cheddar. Put back in the oven for another five minutes, or until the cheese has melted.

Top with taco sauce, sour cream, and cilantro.

This is the way I like 'em, but you can certainly omit or change ingredients based on your family's tastes. Our kids would struggle with how to tackle one of these, so to elmininate the mess, I just made their tostadas with beans and cheese, folded them over and cut them into triangles like a quesadilla. I served their roasted veggies on the side. But my husband and I ate them open-faced. Delish!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations