Recipe of the Week: Quick Strawberry Nutella Oatmeal

Have you guys ever heard of Annie's Eats? Well, if you haven't, and you like to eat AT ALL, you should look at her blog. The photography is gorgeous and her style is so personable. Anyway, I was inspired by her recipe for Strawberry Nutella Oatmeal, but just knew I wouldn't be patient enough to toast the oats in butter, and cook the oatmeal over the stove. I used to do that, but life with kids has made the microwave my best friend in the kitchen. So here's what I did, and lemme tell ya...my morning has never been sweeter. Oh, and by the way, if you like this recipe, check out my other ideas for oatmeal mix-ins.

Quick Strawberry Nutella Oatmeal

1/2 c. old-fashioned oats
1/2 c. to 3/4 c. milk
pinch salt
1 T. nutella
sliced strawberries

Pour the oats and milk into a bowl. My apologies, but I never measure the milk because I don't want an extra measuring cup to wash. I just pour it into the oats until they swim a little bit.

Add a pinch of salt.

Microwave this for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes on high.

Remove from microwave and stir in the nutella. Top with strawberries. You could probably sprinkle some brown sugar on top for extra sweetness but I think the Nutella makes it sweet enough. Don't forget the salt, though. Omitting that makes a BIG difference.

Enjoy!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations