Copycat Craft: DIY Growth Chart

About a year ago, I posted about this genius idea by 517 Creations, and I've finally got around to showing you how mine turned out. Lemme just say...this is a winner! Totally easy, a little time-consuming but not in a frustrating-why-did-I-take-this-on kind of way, and very inexpensive. Oh, and in case you were wondering, this is the other pencil-transfer technique project I alluded to in my post about my Z Gallerie Eye Chart Tray Knock Off. I used it for my Toolbox Turned Planter, too. Brace yourselves, this may not be the last time I talk about this even though you're probably sick of it by now.

So here's my version of the DIY Growth Chart. This isn't where we actually have it hanging, but the lighting at its permanent spot is horrible, so I stuck it here for its photo shoot. Anyway, we've used it a few times already to mark the girls' height, and we love that it's a moveable record of how they grew so that if we do ever move again (God help us), it can come with us. So here's my review of the original idea:

DIY Growth Chart by 517 Creations

Nap Rating = 4 naps (1 for staining and dry time; 1 for measuring and marking the placement of each hash mark; 1 for transferring the numbers; and 1 for going back over them in marker)

Skill Level = Beginner

Cost = I had the stain leftover from another project so the only thing I had to buy was the wood itself. Upon my husband's urging, I actually splurged and bought the higher grade of lumber, though, because he was afraid the board would warp over time if I didn't. In hindsight, I'm glad I listened to him.

Instructions = I followed her instructions EXACTLY, even down to the font she chose for the numbers. And mine turned out great, so that tells me this was a great tutorial.

Does mine look like the picture? Yep! Well, except that my numbers are faced the opposite direction, which I suppose isn't accurate, but hopefully no one will notice. I only just noticed when the pictures were side-by-side. Oops!

Bottom line = This was a stellar idea and turned out as-advertised. What more could you want from a tutorial? What an inexpensive, simple way to personalize your home!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations