More DIY Art...With Washi Tape!


Have I mentioned we want to update our youngest daughter's room? She recently graduated from a crib to a toddler bed, so we wanted to give her something to celebrate the milestone. Plus she's turning three next week! A couple of years ago (at our old house) we did the same for our oldest daughter, and she still talks about that room.

There's been a blank wall staring at me for a couple of years now (yes I said years!), but I didn't know what I wanted to put there. I was recently struck with inspiration, though, when our youngest started singing You Are My Sunshine incessantly. Seriously, it's the cutest thing ever. Since she loves that song, and I also love singing it to her, I decided to frame some lyrics.


I won't give you a tutorial on how I did this, because I have a feeling I did it in a roundabout, clunky, old-fashioned way. (Basically, I used Microsoft Publisher to create the word art, then had Kinko's print it out for me on 11 x 17 paper.) I thought there would be frames readily available in this size, but I thought wrong. So here's the part that makes this project post-worthy: I used Washi tape to outline the edges of the poster, which filled in the gaps between the frame and the poster.


Here's the before and after...


As for the fun paper lanterns (which I've always wanted to hang somewhere), I bought them in three different sizes--20, 16, and 12 inches--from the Paper Lantern Store. To hang them, I screwed white cup hooks into the ceiling and strung them up with fishing line, so they look like they're floating.

That's it! An easy update for about 30 bucks...

TDC Before and After

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations