Deck Progress



Boy do I wish I had remembered to take pictures of our deck before we started working on it. It was so hilarious. Huge...and utterly empty except for our rusted grill sans grill cover and our nice, but completely unadorned patio set. Now, well, things have improved, but we are still lacking plants and atmosphere. We had the whole thing re-stained, which helped things enormously, and we bought a conversation set. My husband got a new stainless grill. I added a cotton rug that was in our guest room, some pillows I bought last year, and these potted succulents. Except for the umbrella I hope to get, the big ticket items are out of the way now. The rest is just icing... the fun part.



Outdoor spaces feel like a luxury to me. They're what you have when you have everything else finished inside... which we don't. They're what you have when you've got lots of leisure time... which we don't. They're what you have when you are the kind of people who "entertain". We are the kind of people who throw dinner on some paper plates and pop open some beers. Nevertheless, an outdoor space is what we're after, and I may just feel like we've arrived when we get one.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations