Copycat Craft: Coasters



Remember my post about decoupaged terra-cotta coasters? I thought it was a great idea, of course, so I had to try it for myself. And I love the way they turned out! I usually follow the directions provided by the bloggers who have gone before me, but I must admit, this time the process seemed so intuitive that I just went for it based on the picture alone. As always, the craft ideas I share with you are inexpensive, quick and simple... this one is no exception.

Decoupaged Terra-Cotta Coasters
Nap Rating = 2 naps

Materials & Supplies
  • Terra-cotta saucers
  • Decorative paper
  • Decoupage medium (I used Mod Podge in a gloss-finish)
  • Scissors
  • Pencil
  • Paintbrush
  • Spray paint in color of your choice

Steps
  1. Spray paint the saucers with 2 thin coats and let dry completely
  2. Using a pencil, trace the bottom of the coaster onto the back of a decorative sheet of paper
  3. Cut out the circle, just inside the pencil line
  4. Using a paintbrush, coat the bottom of the inside of the saucer with decoupage medium, lay the paper circle on top, and coat the top of the paper circle, too.
  5. Repeat this step 2 or 3 more times to achieve the level of gloss you desire.


While I had the Mod Podge out, I decided to update some old coasters we've been using in our living room. They were decorated with Australian aboriginal art motifs...pretty, but not exactly our style.



So I just repeated steps 4 and 5 above, and turned them into these:



As for the terra-cotta ones, though...they'll be going on the deck, which I'll show you another day. Have a great day!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations