In Love with Wallpaper?!

I haven't really mentioned this project so you may be somewhat surprised to learn that we recently updated our downstairs 1/2 bathroom. It all hinged on some wallpaper with which I fell in love. I know, I know...WALLPAPER?! Isn't that the stuff most of us rip down immediately upon buying a new house? Well, if it has a border on top, yeeeesss. And if it's got anything to do with geese wearing blue bows, yeeeesss. But I'm telling you, there are some great, modern wallpapers out there right now. Case in point, one of my all-time favorite designers, Amy Butler, has her own line.

Exhibit A
So I found this one, and it was love at first sight. It's from Thibaut. I decided that's what I wanted for our 1/2 bath, particularly because it's right in our entryway, which needed a bit more pattern. I thought about stenciling, but was intidimated by that process. Well, truth be told, I was intimidated by the process of wallpapering, too, but luckily my mom is an expert. She agreed to do it for me, and on the day she started, I backed into her car in our driveway...ah, but that's another story.

Here's the ubiquitous before and after shot. 'Twas truly the most boring bathroom on the planet. Wait, maybe that award should go to the upstairs bathrooms, which are also completely beige with oak cabinetry, builder grade fixtures, and no personality. It's a tie. Anyhoo...

Before

Before...haha! This one makes me laugh. It looks like a bathroom found in a prison cell!

And ta-da! A newly papered bathroom. Yes, the beadboard is wallpaper, too, and I'd highly recommend it. It's thick, easy to hang, and paintable, not to mention economical. It's by Allen + Roth at Lowe's.

Isn't it amazing what a difference new lightswitch and outlet covers make? Holy cow...just doing THAT can update a space, believe it or not.

I had this picture from forever-ago; I actually think I had it in my college apartment. But I still like it, so there it hangs. It inspired the other bicycles, seen below.

Whatdya think? Are those bikes too heavy-looking for the space? I could spray paint them, I guess. Well, there you have it. We didn't replace the sink or toilet, which definitely needs it, but the rest of the room is freshened up with--who'd have guessed it?--WALLPAPER!

Entered into this great contest:

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations