Copycat Craft: Framed Keys

Hello! Remember these framed keys from Teal and Lime? I was inspired to create some for our entryway; they just seemed to be a natural fit next to the front door.

Ta-da! Speaking of natural...I loved the wood veneer Jackie used, but I decided to save some money and use some burlap I already had. I also kept the keys their natural color. I used some thrift store frames and just spray painted them white to unify them.
My frames before I sprayed them...Jackie's instructions were great. The project is pretty intuitive, though, so I really just stole her idea (thank you for the inspiration!) and did it my own way.

Framed Keys
Nap Rating = 2 naps (1 for spray painting; 1 for assembling)

Supplies

  • Frames
  • Spray paint (if necessary)
  • Newspaper (if spray painting)
  • Burlap
  • Scissors
  • Hot glue gun
  • Decorative keys (I got mine from Create for Less)
Steps
  1. If necessary, remove glass and backing from frames, lay them on newspaper, and spray paint them in the color of your choice
  2. Meanwhile, cover cardboard backing of frame with burlap by cutting a piece of burlap slightly larger and wrapping ends around the cardboard. Use hot glue to affix into place.
  3. Once frames are dry, insert cardboard backing and lay keys out in your desired arrangment.
  4. Affix keys to burlap with hot glue.

Here are some more pics of our new artwork, hanging in the entryway.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations