Retail Therapy Thursday: Trader Joe's

I recently satisfied my need for a little retail therapy by going to Trader Joe's...is that weird? I absolutely love that place! And so do the kids because they have shopping carts sized just for them. My only problem with it is, there isn't one close by. (Sidenote: did you know that Aldi owns Trader Joe's? Since I LOVE Aldi, too, I couldn't help but be even more impressed now. However, besides the money I save by shoppping at Aldi, it's hard to feel satisfied after a trip there...I'm too hell-bent on getting what we need to feed ourselves, whereas at Trader Joe's, I meander and pick up stuff just because it looks good.)
Anyhoo, here's a shot of what I bought.
  • Bohemian Lager, which my husband really liked
  • A bottle of 2-Buck Chuck, which I really liked
  • 3 bunches of daffodils (they also had flowering branches like forsythia and cherry blossoms!)
  • A sleeve of cinnamon chip scones
  • A jar of Cookie Butter, described on the label as "a deliciously unusual spread reminiscent of gingerbread and made with crushed biscuits...All you have to do is taste it to understand!" Well...I had to try it, maybe simply because anything with a label that uses the word "reminiscent" must be experienced. And oh was it good!
  • A sleeve of Double Chocolate cookies (to keep the kiddos awake on the ride home so they would take naps when we got there)
There's just nothing like a crinkly brown paper bag full of delightful and completely unnecessary nibbles, wine, and flowers. It makes me feel very French. All I needed was an unwrapped baguette tucked in the crook of my arm. And maybe a stop-off at an outdoor bistro for a cappuccino. As it was, I stumbled outta there with a kid in each hand and made it back home just in time for aforementioned naps, but that's besides the point. We had a mah-velous time anyway.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations