Project Progress: Entryway (Again)



Are you guys sick of hearing about our entryway? Well, I'm almost "finished" with it...at least as finished as someone who's addicted to changing around accessories will ever be. Yes, it still needs a new light fixture and a fresh coat of paint on the trim, but we're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, folks!

My reason for wanting a console shelf in the entry was two-fold: to provide a place to drop keys and outgoing mail AND to have a place crying out to be seasonally decorated. Now I have a fun place to put pumpkins in the October, mini Christmas trees in December, Easter bunnies in April, and anything else that strikes my fancy during the months in between. I know a lot of people decorate their mantels, but I think that's harder because it makes me feel like I can't commit to permanent artwork above the fireplace for fear it won't "go" with my seasonal stuff. But the shelf is so accommodating! (The pic above is from last week...the last of our spring flowers leftover from Easter.)

Anyway, here's the entry now (with the addition of a newly reupholstered storage trunk for which I'll share more details in a later post):





All of this was done for cheap, by the way. Well, minus the new door and new flooring. But the accessories and furniture were a bargain!


  • Rugs--Target ($25 each)

  • Wallflowers--Bed Bath & Beyond ($19.99)

  • Mirror--we already had

  • Shelf--stolen from my sister-in-law

  • Antique trunk--we already had, although the materials to reupholster it were around $25


So do you have a space you compulsively decorate?

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations