Craft of the Week: "Nesting" Bowls



Happy Monday, everyone! I've got a simple, seasonal craft for you today. I was inspired by all the pretty spring displays I've been seeing on Pinterest and other blogs lately, so I decided to make something of my own. Our family room is a work in progress, and one of the things I have yet to do is paint the dark brown wood of the mantel. I'm also working on pictures and accessories, so our mantel has had a hodge podge of stuff on it for the last several weeks that doesn't match at all. Nothing a trip to Jo-Ann's wouldn't fix! I'll share what the mantel looks like later, but for now, here's how I made this "nesting" bowl out of...what else?

"Nesting" Bowl
Nap Rating = 1 nap


Supplies

  • one small bowl

  • yarn in color of your choice

  • artificial moss

  • artificial eggs



  • I used these reusable tabs by Scotch because they'll remove easily without damaging the bowl--just in case I ever wanted or needed my nesting bowl. But you could also use double-sided tape or a hot glue gun and glue sticks if you're sure you won't want your bowl for anything else later on.

  • scissors


Steps

  1. Starting at the base of the bowl, place the reusable tabs at even intervals around the circumference of the base.

  2. Start wrapping the yarn around and around, using your finger to secure the yarn on the tabs. Keep wrapping until you need another row of tabs.

  3. When you've gotten to the top of the bowl, cut the string and secure to the last tab.

  4. Fill the bowl with moss and heap the eggs on top.


I hesitated to even type out these instructions because this was so simple, but just in case there was any question...

Happy Spring!

This project showed up at these link parties:
Skip To My Lou

UndertheTableandDreaming

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations