Recipe of the Week: Hearty and Healthy Blueberry Muffins



I've probably tried 3 or 4 recipes for blueberry muffins and discarded them all for various reasons, the primary one being they just didn't taste blueberry-ish enough. I don't care for artificially-flavored blueberry muffins you can find prepackaged...they're horrible, IMO. And I like bakery-style ones, but they've always seemed more like dessert. And as you know, I'm always in search of baked goods that I can feed the kids for breakfast or snack-time and not feel like I'm loadin' 'em up with sugar. So finally! The search is halted...I found a recipe the whole family loved.

Hearty and Healthy Blueberry Muffins

In a food processor, pulse 1 ¼ c. whole wheat flour, 1 c. rolled oats, ¼ c. flaxseed meal, ¼ c. pecans, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. baking soda, and ½ tsp. kosher salt.

In a large bowl, whisk together 1 c. yogurt, ½ c. brown sugar, 3 T. unsalted melted butter, 1 T. orange zest plus ¼ c. orange juice, 1 egg, and 1 tsp. vanilla.

Add flour mixture to the yogurt mixture and mix just until blended.

Fold in 2 c. fresh or 8 oz. frozen blueberries (I imagine that fresh, in-season berries would be amazing, but all we had was frozen...they were very good, too.)

Fill paper-lined muffin cups and bake at 375 for 22-25 mins.

Yield: About 18 muffins

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations