Clothesline Art Display



I don't know about you, but kids' artwork has taken over my life. It's literally everywhere. I'd love to know your system for keeping it all organized, or at least contained. And how do you decide what to keep and what to toss (when they're not looking?) When I looked at the mess in my daughter's room...there just had to be a better way. (See pic above.)

I had these buckets from Ikea out in the garage. Bought them years ago just because they were so cheap and I figured I could use them for something. Fast forward several years, and I finally found a use! We decoupaged some flowers on and hung them on the wall, and it created a handy little place to store art supplies.



Now this next thing isn't a new idea. I've seen clothesline art displays several places around the web. It really is simple. The kids and I painted the clothespins, then I just screwed some tiny eye screws into the drywall, tied some string between them (pull it pretty taut), and clipped on the art.





Now isn't that a better a use of a big blank wall?



I've either eliminated my original problem of having no place to put all the artwork in our house, or created a bigger one by making it more fun to sit and draw. Again I ask...how do YOU calm paper clutter in your house?

P.S. This project participated in Thrifty Decor Chick's Before and After Party. Check it out!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations