Projects in Progress

Oh my oh my oh my, why do I do this to myself? I've got no less than 15 projects going at once, not one of them near completion yet. I'm just gonna type it all out so you can see how crazy I am.

I've got 4 (yes, 4!) lamps that I'm trying to refab in one form or another. Some are waiting for new shades, some need to be checked to make sure their wiring is safe, etc.

Our entryway still needs the rest of its base molding, a new closet door, paint, a new light fixture...and I've got a mirror in the basement that's crying out to be hung, but why do that until I've painted?

I've started painting cabinetry in our upstairs bathroom but haven't finished.

I've got paint chips taped to the walls in 3 out of the 6 spaces downstairs but can't seem to decide on anything.

The girls' artwork is A MESS and it's EVERYwhere. I'm trying to figure out a bulletin board wall for our youngest and an art station for our oldest. I've got fabric tacked up on walls, half the items I need for the art station, and old frames that need spray painted. I did buy the spray paint, but now I'm not sure I like the color. One step forward, two steps back...

While we're priming the built-in in our entryway, I should really just prime the fireplace, right? Or is that starting another project before I'm ready?

Artwork is only propped in our family room...I've got ideas for hanging some but I should paint first, right?

Our family room desperately needs curtains, too, and I know what fabric I want, but it's an investment, so I'm waiting. Plus, my mom said she'd help me sew them and she's crazy busy right now. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I shouldn't choose a paint color until all the fabrics are in the room anyway. I think that's back-asswards, but whatever.

I've got wallpaper ideas for our half-bath bookmarked online, but haven't committed. Big surprise, I know.

And I haven't even talked about our dining room! Egads! It's hilariously half-done, and that's overstating. It has a table, folks, and that's about it.

Not to mention, I've got several Valentine's Day baking and/or craft projects I'd like to do with the kids so I can fill this lovely blog of mine (time-suck that it is) with ideas for my handful of readers.

Ok, so now that I've spilled the truth about our schizophrenic route to improving our home, I will show you some pics of the progress.

Here is quite simply the most boring bathroom in the universe. There's nothing hideous about it, except for maybe the light fixture, which I'll get to another time, but it's very builder-grade and unexciting to say the least.



The sink vanity, as you can see, was white. Nothing too spectacular.



I added the shower curtain recently and finally had a vision for a color scheme, so...



...I decided to paint the vanity black. So now I need to paint the wall cabinet as well, and the walls. Oh, and I hung my wire peacock, which I bought at a flea market for 2 bucks.



Here's a closeup of the knobs: Hobby Lobby for $3 each.



The other thing we did recently was buy a console table for the very blank wall leading from the entryway to our family room. I'd like to use it as a place to put mail and keys, maybe. The lamp is all wrong, as is the wall color, but I had so much fun getting stuff out of storage to display. I could work on styling bookshelves and open storage all day long. I wish there was a full-time job for that.



Oh, and I guess I need a plant for my little terrarium.



Last but not least, are the pillows in the family room...this is something I struggle with: pillows. I can never seem to get them to look effortless yet pulled together the way they look in magazines. But I'm loving these. My girlfriend, Louisa, sewed several of them for me and the flower one is from Grandin Road. The button one in the middle is from Tuesday Morning. You wouldn't believe how long it took me to decide on these. Unfortunately the color in this pic is washed out. I probably need a better camera and photography classes to get my blog pics up to speed, but do you think I have time for that? I didn't think so.



So there you have it. A little more progress. Maybe I'll get a whole room completed one of these days, but I have a feeling it will be time to start over by then.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations