Entryway Progress

Hi all! So I may have mentioned before that we are in the process of revamping our entryway. Or you could've gotten a clue from my posts last week. Just thought I'd take a moment to share what we've done so far. This is not a before and after...it's definitely a work-in-progress-state-of-affairs at this point, so don't hold your breath for pretty, staged photos. But anyway...

Here's a before shot of the entryway with the vinyl floors. The front door is new here, but I wish I'd taken a picture of the old one, which didn't have a window. It was dramatically darker then.



And here's a pic of the awkward closet that we never used. It was too hard to open with the door to the garage and the door to our half-bath right there, too. We needed a family "drop zone."



So here's where we are now. New flooring, which I love, and a built-in for all of our stuff. I like that it's tucked away behind that little half-wall so you can't really see the clutter from other rooms or when you first walk in the front door.



And here are some close-ups of said clutter, which is somewhat better organized thanks to my handy husband. But we still need to finish painting, get baskets that fit, style the top shelf, get a boot tray for winter, and I'd like to put a cushion and/or pillows on the bench.





Here's a better pic of the front door and a glimpse of our new rugs. The old one was just an oversized carpet remnant. I like these soooo much better and they look nice on the dark floors, I think.



As soon as my husband finishes installing thicker base molding, we're going to finish painting and move on to the fun part...furnishing the rest of it, and putting up the finishing touches. I may even repaint...that green is kind of boring now that I'm seeing it in pictures. Hmmmm...

P.S. Thrifty Decor Chick, one of my fave bloggers, has created a linky party for closets. Click here to view it.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations