Copycat Crafting: Felt Flower Brooches



Introducing Copycat Crafting, a section of my blog I'm going to dedicate to trying some of the amazing ideas I find and pass on to you, dear readers. I love to think of myself as a compiler of information for all of you out there who want to inject personality into your homes and lives. I started this blog with a nebulous notion that I would tell you how I live MY life, and what I do to keep my sense of self through the very tasks inherent to being a mother. But as time passed, I became keenly aware that there was no way I could be the only source of content if I had a prayer of posting more than a couple times a month. So, I began posting ideas I'd seen elsewhere. But once again, that seemed a bit "been there, done that" by other bloggers, and I wanted to add some value-added content. So here I am, launching Copycat Crafting. I'm going to TRY (c'mon, you know life is going to get in the way sometimes) to reproduce some of my favorite ideas out there and then post the results. For instance, I'll put my own version of the Good Housekeeping seal of approval on the ideas to help you determine if it fits your budget, skill level, and schedule. 'Cause really, my own skill level is only average so I figure if I can do it, you probably can, too. Here goes...

Copycat Craft: Felt Flowers

Remember those felt flowers I posted about around Christmastime? So cute! I tried 'em, and what do you know, I managed to NOT screw something up that involved fabric. Woo-hoo!

Nap Rating = 1 nap for each brooch
Skill Level = beginner
Cost = minimal (I only had to buy pin backs and Fabri-Tac because I already had felt, so it cost under $5 for me.)
Instructions = absolutely was able to follow these instructions from Infarrantly Creative to the letter
Does mine look like the picture = Amazingly, yes! (Like I said, anything to do with fabric is not usually my forte)
Bottom Line = give it a try and you'll be a walking billboard for craftiness

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations