Copycat Crafting: DIY Cell Phone Charging Pocket

I saw this idea on Pinterest, and gasped! Could it really be that easy? I had to try it. My husband and I were sick of our phones hogging prime real estate on the countertop, and I hated the dangling cord when we weren't using the charger. It was all just a major eyesore. So here's the inspiration from Make It and Love It.



And here's mine! (Gosh, I need to up my photography game.)



Nap Rating = 1 nap

Skill Level = beginner

Cost = minimal (I had all the supplies I needed on hand. Chances are, if you have kids, you have this exact type of bottle in the bathroom or on the changing table. The only other things I needed were Mod Podge, scissors, a marker, and decorative paper, which I also already had. So for me, this was FREE!)

Instructions = Pretty much right on the money. Ashley over at Make It and Love It provides great instructions with wonderful tutorial photos. I did just as she said, except for a couple of things. I didn't sand the ink of my bottle because it didn't have any (it was just a sticker that peeled right off). I also used scissors for all of it instead of an exacto knife or box cutter. It was just easier for me that way. And I used scrapbooking paper instead of fabric because that's just what I had. You don't need as much Mod Podge with paper, which is nice. I traced the bottom of the bottle first and applied that oval, then wrapped the rest of the bottle.

Does mine look like the picture = Yes! (So satisfying...)

Bottom Line = This one is a winner! My husband remarked that Ashley should patent this thing, it's that brilliant.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations