Decorating for Christmas in a Blue and Green Room



I struggle with Christmas decorations each year. The images of beautifully decorated trees and living spaces around blogland and on Pinterest are just amazing and may I say, I'm a bit jealous. I always seem to run out of time and then can't make our interior look as festive as I'd like with the hodge-podge of stuff I've collected over the years. This is saying nothing of the exterior of our house, which only has a sad, solo spotlight on a red-berry wreath. Nothing to write home about.

One of my issues is that my favorite colors are blue and green, so I find it hard to make it look Chrismas-y enough without the festivity of red. But this year, I used a lot of white and that seems to help. You may remember our DIY picture ledge from earlier posts...well, the picture above just shows how I put some white poinsettia garland on it, and hung some DIY stars. Here's a closeup of the stars.



Guess what they're made out of? (Drumroll, please.) Toilet paper tubes! As usual, I can't take credit for this crafty idea. I was inspired by Muffin Tin Mom. Pretty great, huh?

I CAN take credit for the halos above the girls' silhouettes, though.

I thought it appropriate to make them look like the angels they are (most of the time) throughout the Christmas season. If you want to make portraits in your house more celestial, just twist the ends of a sparkly pipe cleaner (a.k.a. chenille stem) into an oval and tape it on using double-sided tape, or just little loops of regular tape.

So what do you think? Should I hang some bulbs from the shelf alongside the stars?

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations