Zingy Zucchini Couscous



I'm so proud of my latest concoction, mostly because it met with approval from our 4-year-old! But it's also easy, healthy, and uses up zucchini from the garden. I only wish I'd taken a picture for the purposes of HMM, but (will wonders never cease?) there was none left.

Ok, so I was making BLTs tonight to use up some tomatoes. (Ok, one tomato. But that's one less to attract fruit flies on the counter!) Anyway, I needed a side dish, so I pulled out some of that frozen, shredded zucchini I told you about with plans to try Disappearing Zucchini Orzo. But silly me, I had no orzo (duh), no parmesan, and no onions (how does that happen? I always have onions). So, as millions of you fellow moms do at 5:00 every day, I punted. I swapped couscous for the orzo, feta for the parmesan, and garlic for the onions and voila! My zucchini side dish did its own disappearing act.

Zingy Zucchini Couscous

2 cups thawed, shredded zucchini (you can use freshly shredded, too)
3/4 c. dried, plain couscous
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 c. crumbled feta cheese
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Follow package instructions to cook couscous.
Meanwhile, heat 1 T. olive oil over medium heat and add zucchini and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes, being careful not to brown garlic.
Add cooked couscous, feta, and spices to zucchini mixture and stir over low heat until heated through.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations