Retail Therapy Thursday: Country Living Fair in Columbus, OH



I was amazed at all of the creativity and entrepreneurship at this year's Country Living Fair in Columbus. I haven't been to the Fair since its first year, and wow, has it grown! There were so many booths full of crafters, artisans, and antique dealers, it was hard to know where to start browsing.

I believe women should support each other in our efforts to run businesses, raise creativity-fueled families, and beautify our respective corners of the world. To that end, I want to use this humble little blog to showcase some of my favorite things at this year's Fair. I'm sure these women get bigger press elsewhere, but every little bit helps, I suppose!

First off, handcrafted jewelry by Twist Style.



This is inspirational stitched art by artist, Peggy Whitson. You put in your own pictures, of course. My favorite was the one that said, "I love you to the moon and back" from the children's book Guess How Much I Love You. These are stitched on quilt remnants. Gorgeous!



I loved these little purses made from vintage book covers from Swing Set Designs. This booth also had a lot of vintage Nancy Drew stuff, which I'm trying to find a way to use in our house. I just loved those books, growing up.



The Bloomsbury Loft booth had some really unique lanterns made from old record covers. (Are you noticing a trend? Recycled books, record covers, quilts...us crafters are so very green!) I thought these were so cool, I probably would've coughed up the cost for them, but sadly, they were already sold.



These ethereal garden containers by Moreland Creations were gorgeous. This booth sold the containers, as well as all the tiny little creatures, fairies and accessories to create your own miniature landscape. So fun!



My Urban Farmhouse had these antique glove models, which are too cool. I love them in a grouping like this, and think it would be a unique gift for a teacher because the image conjures the idea of a students raising their hands.



This is the same place I made my singular purchase of an amateur oil painting. I don't know where I'm hanging it yet, but I'm sure it will pop up on this blog at some point in the future.



Hot House Market had some great vintage tinware, glassware, suitcases, etc.



And finally, I loved these silhouette pillows and tea towels from Art Goodies. Aren't they cute?



My hat's off to all of you, ladies...I so admire your aesthetic, passion, and hard work.

Happy Shopping!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations