No-Cook Meal

So I guess I can give up the ghost. Summer is over. The days have turned chilly here, my daughter is on a field-trip to an apple orchard, and I've noticed all of my favorite blogs are decked out in orange, brown, yellow and black. I love fall, but don't love winter, so I guess I'm trying to hang on to the last vestiges of warm weather...like meals made from summer's produce! Yes, folks, I've got two more non-recipe recipes for you that you may still be able to make if, like me, you've got access to late tomatoes and corn.

So here we go. This sandwich was heaven. And it only required some good country bread, one fresh tomato, a thin layer of mayo and some cheese (I used Muenster). How good does that look?



And with it, I threw a salad together with what I had in the fridge and came out with a winner. It's romaine, sliced green onions, halved grape tomatoes, a ton of corn cut off the cob, some bacon crumbled up, and blue cheese. You could just do a vinaigrette on this, but I made some not-so-light dressing of my own that was kinda like 1000 Island. I mixed 1 c. mayo, ¼ c. ketchup, 2 T. horseradish, 2 dashes Worcestershire and kosher salt to taste. Yum!



Serve these two items with that peach cobbler I blogged about a couple of weeks ago and you've got one last summer meal. Now I'm heading to the closet to unearth my crock pot...it feels like a soup night.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations