Cranberry Orange Cream Scones



Warning: These delectable little confections made from cream and a stick of butter are not good for you; yet you will be unable to resist eating one every day with your cup of coffee until they are gone.

I fiddled with a recipe I had for cream scones because I wanted something similar to Panera's orange scones. The result, I must say, was quite close except I didn't glaze them. Good thing, too. That might've just sent me over the edge.

Cranberry Orange Cream Scones
Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line a sheet with parchment.
Stir together 2 c. flour, 2 T. sugar, 1 tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. kosher salt and 1 tsp. orange zest.
Cut in ½ c. cold unsalted butter until the mixture is the consistency of coarse crumbs.
Add ½ c. cranberries, 1 tsp. orange extract and 1 c. heavy cream. Stir just until dough forms.
On floured surface, knead until uniform and pat out until 1 ½ inches thick. Cut with biscuit cutter and place upside down on sheet. Brush with cream.
Bake 12 mins.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Handpicked Hostess Gifts Under $20

Peaches and Cream Scones

Blue and Red Valentine Decorations